Monday, January 26, 2009

Insomniac

Apparently, autistic children have strange sleeping issues. From 11 months, Elisha has had issues with sleep. At times I had thought he was having night terrors. Then at times I was very convinced he was having night mares. These days, he has some good nights in which he sleeps all the way through the night and some tough very sleepless nights. Last night was pretty rough. I had an opening shift at work this morning. So Ryan had to get up with Elisha. Elisha went to sleep last night at 7PM and woke up at midnight. Elisha did not go to sleep until either 6 or 7AM (he may not have even gone back to sleep at all). I went in to check on him at 9AM this morning and he was sitting in his crib wide awake. I called his doctor today and asked about giving him melatonin. This really can't continue. I have never seen Ryan so tired. Poor guy.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/helping-your-child-with-autism-get-a-good-nights-sleep

1 comment:

Holly said...

Rebecca, I think it is great you are writing a blog! I certainly hope Elisha has been sleeping better. Praying for you guys...